80s Trivia Questions
Test your knowledge of the 1980s, see how many 80s trivia questions you can get right!
1. What was the name of the torch-wielding, leg warmer-wearing lead character in Flashdance played by Jennifer Beals?
2. Who was the Miami Vice star that released an album titled Heartbeat in 1986?
3. What major HBO and film star played Annie on Broadway in 1980?
4. Who was the American track star that broke numerous records and won four gold medals in the 1984 Olympics?
5. What were the names of all four Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and who was their sensei? Who was their nemesis?
6. The phrase “Where’s the Beef?” originated in a commercial for which fast food franchise?
7. In E.T. the Extra Terrestrial, what was E.T.’s favorite candy?
8. What was the name of the bright orange car that Bo and Luke Duke drove in The Dukes of Hazzard?
9. Name the main villains—the wizard and his cat—that were always trying to capture the Smurfs.
10. What were the names of the four ghosts in Pac Man? Ms. Pac Man?
11. What were the characters names in the Golden Girls, and who played them?
12. Name all five Huxtable children from The Cosby Show.
13. What was the name of the Mermaid played by Darryl Hannah in Splash?
14. What kind of candy bar did Chunk give to Sloth in The Goonies?
15. What was the main reason for Ferris wanting to skip school in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off?
16. What were Raymond’s two favorite television shows in the movie Rainman?
17. What was the very first music video ever aired on MTV—and what was the name of the band?
18. What was the name and species of the flying creature in the fantasy film The NeverEnding Story?
19. What show ran The Simpsons as an animated short for three seasons before making its debut as its own 30-minute series?
20. One of the biggest questions asked during the 80s was after the March 21, 1980 cliffhanger episode of Dallas. So who really shot JR?
21. What year did Madonna release her very first album, and what was the title?
22. What is Madonna’s real name?
23. On the show Knight Rider, what was the name of the talking car?
24. What imaginary planet did ALF come from?
25. What is the name of the mysterious castle that gives He-Man all his power?
26. What was the name of the woman Tony worked for in the series Who’s the Boss?
27. What was the brand name of the brightly colored, plastic watches that were a huge trend in the 80s?
28. What fad did the movie Flashdance unleash in the 80s?
29. What was Michael Jackson’s signature accessory?
30. What product was Michael Jackson promoting when his hair caught fire?
31. Where was Balki Bartokomous of Perfect Strangers from?